Sunday, February 3, 2008

Yes We Are Here...Doing Better..Sorta, Kinda

Henry is doing Fabulous. He is really a good baby. Not that I have many babies to compare him to but as a first time mom I think he is pretty damn good.
On the postpartum note. Things have turned more to an anxiety prone factor versus depression. And no the anxiety has NOTHING to do with the baby...that is the kicker. The anxiety has to do with my job. I really should not and will not go into vast details of my anxiety and the job though I wish I could because dammit it is making me nuts. OK...it is the prospect that I WILL NOT have a job. The "Your fired" factor. I have 4 more weeks of maternity leave though so I guess I should just ignore work all together, right? God that sounds so damn easy. For inquiring minds, I am teacher (special education). I graduated a year ago so I am a FIRST YEAR teacher at that. Yeah the pregnancy planning didn't happen at the best of time....but it is a long story and I will just try and make it.....without going insane.
But we are doing better than we were. I no longer have the impending feeling that I should have never had a baby. Sure I am tired, and there are nights that God I just want to turn over and go back to sleep, but we are making it. With shaky hands and racing thoughts (work) making it. Sorta...Kinda....

No comments: